Sometimes, when a SIP Clisnt registers with a VoIP Service, the VoIP Service rejects the request with the following SIP Response:
500 Registering Glare Condition
What Does it Mean?
The SIP Client is attempting to register with the service, but the service already has an active registration for the SIP Client. This can happen when the SIP Client needs to RE-register (because of some change in settings, for example), but does not UN-register its previous registration beforehand.
How Do I Recover From a Failed Registration Scenario?
To re-activate the registration for your SIP Client:
- deactivate the account on your SIP Client
- wait for the service to expire the previous registration (the time to wait will be equal or greater that the SIP Client’s configured Registration Interval)
- reactivate the account on your SIP Client
How Do I Work Around the Issue?
To minimise the potential impact of this:
- Reduce the Registration Interval of your SIP Client to a smaller value (120 seconds is a reasonable minimum value)
- When you need to make changes to your settings:
- first deactivate the account on your SIP Client
- adjust settings as needed
- reactivate the account on your SIP Client when all settings changes are completed